On Wednesday, March 1 at 2pm ET you can participate in a FREE WEBINAR:
What We’re Missing About the Cross: A Conversation with N.T. Wright and Greg Boyd
At the very center of Christianity, indeed, at the very center of world history, stands the cross of Jesus.
Unfortunately, the forces and factors of Western culture, especially those related to Christianity’s collusion with political power and ideologies, have caused us to misunderstand and misapply the true revolutionary character of the cross.
As a result, Christian theology and the witness of the Church have been severely impaired.
In their most recent publications, N.T. Wright (The Day the Revolution Began: Reconsidering the Meaning of Jesus’s Crucifixion) and Greg Boyd (The Crucifixion of the Warrior God), address this head on.
Here are some topics they hope to cover:
- Did God always know that Jesus would have to be crucified?
- What are the “powers and authorities” that the crucifixion confronted and disarmed?
- Why do we use the term “he paid” to explain what Jesus did on the Cross?
- How does the violence of the Cross fit with Jesus’ message of peace?
- How do we share the good news of God’s kingdom in light of the Cross?
You can register for the free webinar here.