25 Baby Steps Toward Simplicity
Lutz Koch via Compfight
If you’re embarking on a journey of greater simplicity in your life, the task can seem daunting. It can be tempting to give up before you really even get started. Where do you begin?
Courtney Carver writes about living a less cluttered and more joyful life on her blog, Be More With Less: Life on Purpose. She compiled a list of 25 Ways to Simplify Your Life in 10 Minutes or Less. Courtney approaches the topic of simplicity in a holistic way, taking into account not only the physical clutter but also the emotional and psychological clutter that many of us struggle with. If you’re experiencing the negative effects of a life that is filled with things you don’t need and you’re feeling stuck, this might be a good place for you to start.
Here’s a sneak peek of the first five items on Courtney’s list:
- Donate any shoes you haven’t worn in a year.
- Write three thank you notes.
- Turn on soft music, lay down and close your eyes.
- Read this: How to Complain Less
- Remove any glasses, dishes, silverware, serving dishes or cooking utensils from the kitchen that you haven’t used in the last 6 months. Box it up and write “kitchen stuff: donate after 30 days” and then put it out of sight. If you miss something, go get it. If not, donate it.